Goose egg quiche
- 4 goose eggs (or approx 10 to 12 regular chicken eggs)
- 12 oz can of evaporated milk
- 1/4 c. green onions diced
- 1 lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- 8 oz. pkg fresh mushrooms sliced and sauteed in a smidgen of bacon grease
- 2 frozen deep dish pie shells
- 1 c. mozzarella shredded
- 1/2 c. swiss shredded or crumbled
- 1/4 grated parmesan cheese
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
Combine eggs, milk, onions, bacon, mushrooms, and cheese in a large bowl mix by hand till pretty well combined
Use the egg mixture to fill your pie crusts, put pies in the oven at 400 for 10 min.
Lower temp to 350 and bake for around 40 mins checking occasionally.
When tops begin to turn golden brown remove from the oven.
Allow to cool then slice and enjoy.
You could of course substitute the bacon with ham or sausage, we use low sodium bacon here.
You could play around with the cheeses. I like mozzarella because it's gives you that stringyness and we use lowfat skim version. Which of course totally makes up for the bacon.
You could also add peppers, broccoli, asparagus, or spinach have fun with it and make it your own.
Well that's about all there is except to dig in.